Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Why Women Think They're Fat


Why Women Think They're Fat

This is one problem that any man may be hard pressed to avoid. To me, when my girlfriend keeps insisting that she is chubby, I feel like she just wants affirmation that she is not fat. The problem comes up when she never believes what I am telling her and is constantly sad about this.

Many men must also be going through this similar issue with their ladies. To get to the root of the problem, it's important to figure out why this type of thought process is happening in millions of women. A few days ago my girlfriend had said no women is comfortable with her weight. She went on to say that if you asked any female what she wants to change, it would be to not be fat.

The better answer in this case for me would be to say "to not feel fat." The primary issue is that women feel like they are overweight and obese even though they are perfectly normal and healthy. For females who are really obese and have health risks, it is important to get on a lasting diet and find some activities that you love to do.

Social Factors

Many social factors play into the psychology of how women feel about themselves. I was just enlightened about something called the Male Gaze. This was a theory thought up many years ago. It simply means that women are portrayed in a way that would be though of as attractive to the heterosexual man in media.

As many other women see this type of portrayal of male gaze on TV, movies, and advertising, it plays with their head. The primary feelings go along the lines of thinking this portrayal is what normal women have to look like, feeling fat even though there is no real health risk, and lots of feminists yelling at their boyfriends about the media.

If this theory holds weight, then women who are never exposed to any such "Gaze" would feel 100 times more self confident and not worry about what they looked like. To me, I am more attracted to a women who loves herself and is happy the way she looks no matter what. If this type of thinking was able to breach television, it would help out the world.

The Men's Side of Things

Even though my girlfriend won't admit it, I believe their is a female gaze also present in the media. I constantly see men on television that are portrayed in a way to be physically attractive to women. When I reflect on who I feel about this, it is a feeling more of connection rather than inadequacy with myself.

When a model like male figure is being traipsed around a commercial or some show, I would only comment something to the effect of "wow, he is hitting the gym" or some other encouraging though. For me in doesn't matter what anyone else looks like because that will never change the way I look.

The only person that can change the way I look and feel is myself. If I am hitting the gym and taking care of myself, there is no need to feel less than or "fat" and unattractive based on what I see on television.

I think it would help out many women if they were not so caught up in what the media was doing, and instead focus on the things they should be doing to live a healthy lifestyle. If they are doing these things, then their looks should not be of such a concern.

Help For Truly Overweight Individuals

If you are 50 to 100 pounds overweight and the doctors have actually told you that weight loss is necessary for survival, there are some good products that might help you. Since many pharmaceutical based drugs can be dangerous, I would recommend a more healthy product. The two diet pills that are safe to use are Phen375 and Proactol Plus. These two links I gave you lead to my review of each one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment